Why is choosing a Fee-Only Advisor Important?
White Oaks has been a fee-only firm since 1996 and were named to CNBC’s top 100 fee-only wealth management firms in the county. What does that mean to you, the client? It means we’ve been giving objective and personalized advice not colored by greed for almost 20 years. Although less lucrative for us, we believe in holding your best interests at heart.
Many firms are making the switch to being ‘fee-based,’ but don’t be fooled; this is not fee-only. We don’t receive commission or payout from banks in any way, shape or form. We tell you what works best for you—period. No nonsense; just results.
What Does Fee-Only Mean?
- We sell advice not products.
- We are not compensated for investment transactions.
- We don’t receive commissions, rebates, any compensation from third parties of any type or other types of soft-money of any kind.
- You know exactly how much we charge for advice before we collect.
Want to know if you’re the right fit for our services? Contact us or click on the button below to schedule a meeting.
Why You Should Look for a Fee-Only Advisor?
- A Fee-Only advisor focuses on your goals and not the need to sell a product or a product’s performance.
- Trust is more easily established when the relationship is open and free from conflict of interest.
- Fees are fully disclosed and easy to understand.
- The financial interests of the advisor and client are aligned. As your portfolio increases in value, so does the compensation of the Fee-Only advisor.
- Your advisor can bundle services into the fee, which is difficult to do in a pay-per-transaction relationship.
- Your advisor has the freedom to make recommendations without raising suspicion of churning or acting in other manners of self-interest.